The beautiful thing about nail art and glitter is that a coat of shiny specks can cover any imperfections. Follow these steps to see how Lauren B. recommends creating a half-moon manicure with a dash of bling despite any smears.
1. Start with a coat of Lauren B. Beauty Nail Perfecter base, to prevent the natural nail from absorbing pigment.
2. Use binder reinforcement stickers to create a clean negative space half-moon. Cut each sticker in half and apply the curved edge along the natural lunar bed of your nail. Make sure it adheres firmly.
3. Slick on one coat of Lauren B. Beauty House of Blues. Once it’s dry, apply a second coat and let that dry and peel off the stickers.
4. Add a layer of Lauren B. Beauty Matte Top Coat.
5. Finish with a swipe of Lauren B. Beauty 33 Carat glitter polish at the base of one or all of your nails, to make the negative space sparkle.
TIP: If your half-moons don’t come out as clean as you like, paint the glitter polish over your whole nail. You’ll still get the half-moon effect while hiding any imperfections — plus, the finish will look like crushed jewels.
For more nail art inspiration, click here.