A gradient manicure is a go-to design for many nail art enthusiasts because it allows the artist to blend an array of color combinations. But for a beginner, executing the technique might get a bit messy. Normally, tutorials recommend the use of a makeup sponge to apply polish, but Sigourney Nunez has a nail art trick that will make the design and the clean-up that much easier.
What you will need:
- Base coat
- Blue polish
- Black polish
- Glitter polish
- Top coat
- Disposable eyeshadow applicator
Even if the gradient effect doesn’t come out “perfect,” glitter fixes everything. Trust us!
Here’s how easily to execute a glistening gradient nail manicure:
1. Prep the nails with a base coat. Wait for it to completely dry and harden.
2. Apply two coats of blue polish.
3. Once dry, take an eyeshadow applicator and sponge black polish horizontally on the tip of the nail to create the gradient effect.
4. Apply two coats of glitter polish. Finish off with a top coat.
What do you think of this design? Show us your gradient nails by tagging us @salonfanatic! Check out nail artist Sigourney Nunez on YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram for even more looks, nail hacks, and tutorials.