To prep for Super Bowl Sunday, the Epsom Salt Council suggests gathering your friends for some football-inspired pampering…also known as a Spa Bowl! (You can even do this in front of the television, or if you’re not into football, host a Spa Bowl party instead of watching the game.)
Grab a drink and enjoy these Spa Bowl recipes:
“Polished Pedicure Punt”
- Mix 1/2 cup of Epsom salt with warm, soapy water.
- Soak feet to soften skin.
- Remove polish, and cut and file nails and calluses.
- Soak feet in Epsom salt bath for five minutes.
“End Zone Exfoliator”
- For exfoliation, mix two cups of Epsom salt with 1/4 cup of petroleum jelly and a few drops of lavender essential oil.
- Use the mixture to gently scrub away dry skin patches.
- Mix 1/2 tsp. of Epsom salt into cleansing cream for deep-pore cleansing.
- Massage on skin, rinse with cool water, and pat dry.
“Blind-Side Bath Crystals”
- Mix 2 cups of Epsom salt with a few drops of fragrance and food coloring or 1/2 tsp. of glycerin. Store in an airtight container.