Add a bit of edge to your nails this week by embracing nail art jewels. Pair a few studs and rhinestones with a striped design and discover that you will never want to go without a blinged out manicure again.
What you will need:
- Essie Protein Base Coat
- Marc Jacobs 128 Nirvana
- Marc Jacobs 122 Ultraviolet
- White striper polish
- Black striper polish
- Silver nail art studs
- White nail art rhinestones
- Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat
1. Prep the nails with a base coat. Apply two coats of the green polish on the ring and index finger. Paint the rest of the nails with two coats of purple polish.
2. Use the white striper polish to paint four diagonal lines over the purple polish. For a more abstract look, randomize the placement of the lines. Repeat using the black striper polish over the green polish on the index finger.
3. Coat the ring finger with a thin layer of top coat. While the nail is wet, use tweezers to pick up and place about five studs on the nail. Apply rhinestones in between the studs. To secure the placement, apply top coat by dropping a bead of polish and spread it across all the jewels.
4. Drop a bead of top coat on the top half of the rest of the nails. Place one rhinestone on the top center of the purple nails and one stud on the center of the green nail. Lock in the entire design with a layer of top coat.
What do you think of this manicure? Show us your nails by tagging us on Twitter, FB or Instagram @SalonFanatic or #SalonFanatic. Check out nail artist Sigourney Nunez on YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram for even more looks, nail hacks, and tutorials.