On trend for Fall 2014 are nude nails and while sometimes less is more, glitter is always fabulous. To amp up the barely-there look, pair a fleshed-toned polish with some rhinestones to create a chic half-moon design.
What you will need:
- Essie Grow Stronger Base Coat
- Sally Hansen Without a Stitch
- Elf Cosmetics Midnight Mystery
- Gold rhinestones
- Glisten and Glow H K Girl Top Coat
1. Apply a base coat to clean and filed nails. Once completely dry, paint two thin coats of nude polish on all the nails.
2. Dab a glob of the glitter polish on a piece of paper and use a toothpick to pick up and place individual sequins. Apply evenly spaced out glitter pieces on the accent nail leaving a couple of open areas for gold rhinestones. To make sure the rhinestones stay in their spot, place a small dot of top coat over it.
3. Use the sequins to create a half-moon on the rest of the nails and place a gold rhinestone anywhere along the line.
4. For extra flair, add a second line of glitter under the original half-moon on the middle finger. Once the design is dry, seal the look with a generous amount of top coat especially around the rhinestones.
What do you think of this design? Show us your nails by tagging us on Twitter, FB or Instagram @SalonFanatic or #SalonFanatic. Check out nail artist Sigourney Nunez on YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram for even more looks, nail hacks, and tutorials.
For more half-moon nail art, go here.