Many of our favorite nail polish brands including OPI, Alessandro, and Venique have already released their 2014 edition of Breast Cancer Awareness nail lacquer. To continue the support and promote philanthropic efforts, check out this easy to execute breast cancer awareness manicure. You may have already noticed some dotting is required, but a dotting pen isn’t.
What you will need:
- Base coat
- White polish
- Silver polish
- Pink polish
- Top coat
- Bobby pin
It’s time to go pink:
1. Prep the nails with a base coat. Wait for it to completely dry.
2. Apply two coats of white polish on the ring finger. Apply two coats of silver polish on the rest of the nails.
3. Pry open a bobby pin so that it is in the shape of an “L”.
4. Use the tip of the bobby pin and dip it in pink polish to apply pink dots all over the silver nails.
5. Use the same technique to draw the pink ribbon on the ring finger.
6. Once the design is completely dry, finish off with a top coat.
Will you go pink to promote breast cancer awareness? Let us know by tagging us @salonfanatic! Check out nail artist Sigourney Nunez on YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram for even more looks, nail hacks, and tutorials.