Kick off the week by outshining the rest. Dive into a pile of glitter and gear up for a manicure suitable for a mermaid’s ball. From glitter polish to sequins, the sparkle is never ending on these nails. Don’t blink or you will miss the shimmer!
What you will need:
- Essie Grow Stronger
- Sally Hansen Mermaid’s Tale
- Orly Rose-Colored Glasses
- Essie Dive Bar
- OPI All Sparkly and Gold
- Orly Sec ‘N Dry
- Wow! Glitter Extra Fine (Teal)
- Wow! Glitter Chunky Glitter (Teal)
1. Prep the nail with a base coat. Wait for it to completely dry and harden.
2. Apply two coats of Rose-Colored Glasses on the pinky nail and index nail. Layer on two coats of Dive Bar on the thumb and middle nails. Apply about three thin layers of Mermaid’s Tale on the ring fingernail.
3. Apply All Sparkly and Gold with a diagonal stroke across the pinky and index nails and fill in the color on one half. Once dry, apply a thin layer of top coat. With a toothpick, apply sequins over the dividing line. Seal in the placement of the chunky glitter with another layer of top coat.
4. Sprinkle the fine glitter over slightly wet nails for lots of shine. For an ombre effect, focus the application on the top of the nail. Tap off the extra glitter. Apply a thick bead of the fast dry top coat and spread evenly with a couple of strokes to seal in the sparkle.
5. Wait for the entire design to complete dry and finish off with a top coat.
What do you think of the manicure? Show us your glitter nails by tagging us on Twitter, FB or Instagram @SalonFanatic or #SalonFanatic. Check out nail artist Sigourney Nunez on YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram for even more looks, nail hacks, and tutorials.